Yerba Buena Ice Skating Center & Bowling Center
750 Folsom St.
San Francisco, CA 94107
SCSF Testing Policies
1. First priority has always been (and will continue to be) given to SCSF skaters who MUST take a test by a deadline in order to qualify to compete per US Figure Skating rules.
2. Second priority then goes to SCSF home club members in good standing and is in chronological order of receipt of applications on Entryeeze by test chair.
3. Third priority then goes to associate club members, again in chronological order of applications.
4. Last priority goes to applicants who have no SCSF affiliation. (non-members)
NOTE: From time to time the club may hold special test sessions for a number of individuals in a discipline for which it is not always easy to obtain judges, ex. Dance or Pairs. In this situation, first priority will be given to skaters testing in that discipline, followed by the priority order listed above.
Testing Policies, Changing Dates & Refunds
1. Test application deadlines shall be 1 month prior to the test date.
2. Late applications will be accepted solely at the discretion of the test chair, only if there is room on a session and no skaters back logged waiting to test. Late applications will be subject to an additional $15 fee.
3. Once the application is received and the coach approves the test and date, there is no changing of test dates unless by reason of illness supported by a doctor’s letter, or a death in the immediate family. (DO NOT apply for a test until it is ready to test, as you may be moved to an earlier session should a spot open!)
4. If you have your test withdrawn for any reason other than the aforementioned including, but not limited to, your coach not approving your test application, there will be no refund issued.
5. If you ask to change your test date because you are not ready, there will be no refund issued and you will go to last priority on the list.
6. If information on the test application is incorrect and the test is voided by the U.S. Figure Skating Central Office, no refund will be issued.
7. If you do need to change your test date, request must be in writing (email) to the test chair, a board member, or the membership chair, who will forward the request to the test chair.
8. If SCSF needs to cancel a test date for any reason, the club will either issue a refund or reschedule the test, whichever the applicant prefers.
9. If SCSF needs to reschedule a test for any reason, the test chair will notify the applicant as soon as possible about a new test date. If the applicant cannot make that date and a new date cannot be agreed upon, the club will issue a refund.
Associate Member fee: $40 per session in addition to test fee Non-Member fee: $85 per session in addition to test fee
PLEASE NOTE: The club will endeavor to keep information posted on the club website and on Entryeeze as current as possible. If you do need to contact the test chair, membership chair, board member, etc., please remember that these are volunteers who are helping out to make the club run smoothly. Treat them with respect; without them we wouldn’t have the programs we offer.
Other Testing Information
The club will begin posting a list of passing tests on our website and in the club email, the Inside Edge. Watch for your name to be singled out when you pass with honors or distinction! Sign up for the Inside Edge on the SCSF homepage at www.scsf.org , or on the Entryeeze club welcome page at Entryeeze Welcome!.
Beginning July 1, 2018, SCSF will start giving out test patches to skaters that have passed a test. If a skater wishes to receive a test patch for a test previously taken, it is the responsibility of the skater to provide proof of the test to the test chair. Proof must include the date of the test, where the test was taken (host club) and home club membership status at time of test. Log in to your account at US Figure Skating under members only and print a copy of your test record to supply as proof. The test chair will handle obtaining the patches and presenting them to the skater.
Dated: February 12, 2018
Updated: 7/9/2018, 7/31/2018, 9/23/2018, 6/9/2019
CURRENT TEST FEES
Moves In The Field
|Pre-Preliminary – no music||$45.00|
|Pre-Preliminary – with music||$45.00|
|Adult Pre-Bronze – no music||$40.00|
Partnered Pattern Dance
Solo Pattern Dance
Partnered Free Dance
Solo Free Dance
All Pattern Dance test fees are per dance tested.
Associate Member fee: $40 per session in addition to test fee
Non Club member fee: $85 per session in addition to test fee
IJS Protocol for test credit fee: $20 for all disciplines Juvenile > Senior